Five long months later… i’ve decided to revive my Jon Hare Fantasy Blog… don’t ask me why… i think i just needed to write something, even if it’s only for my eyes to see.
So, i’ve taken a personal goal to re-write the Farwest rules, so i could simplify the game, match the 30-45 min game for 2-4 players. The theme is still there, coherence in mechanics Vs theme still apply.
Here’s the major changes:
– Players are bad guys instead of good guys!!! nice!
– Actions are to deliver stolen goods, or to steal the shops!!! yeahh!
– There are objective cards!!
– you can trap the good guys to win major bonus
– the mechanic is focus on gaining cards, with combos, so the timing of each deliver is precisous
– Bounty Hunters (the good guys) will be in the board looking for you, each turn they will enteer a local, and remove cards and bonus from players.
– The end game depends on the number of players, 8 turns 4 players, 10 turns 3 players, 12 turns 2 players.
– The scoring is baasic 3 pts for the best, 1 pt for the worst in every category!
there are other changes but far less important than this ones, the game has the same feel, but i’ve been told that is a different game!
i think thats good…
See you soon!