Sometimes i think it’s a waste of time to write what i’m doing, maybe i could use this time to review my boardgames prototypes, or to write some rules, or to remake my design…
And believe… i have a ton of ideias… and some, one day become prototypes, and only a few become boardgames prototypes tested over and over…
So i have a few rules… i don’t know if they are wright or not… or if it’s a good strategy… but at least, it’s a starting point:
- I only test a prototype that have a rulebook printed.
- i only make a prototype if i have a set of base rules writen
- i have at all times a sketchbook where i write all my ideas, and notes
- Each month i organize myself by categorizing my testing prototypes, prototypes waiting rules, ideas. and sometimes i give them a preference value.
This rules guide me in the creative steps of each project… so i don’t have 10 projects at the same time!
So let’s go with my November list:
(please don’t laugh with the lame names!!!!)
- Mouse Chronicles: Riverbattle
- Mouse Chronicles: Mudclash
Prototypes waiting rules:
- End War
- Soccer Flow
- Coolness Degree
- Futsal Manager
- Uprising of Kenya
- Bounty Hunter
- Space Meks
- Mouse Chronicles: The Keep
- Mouse Chronicles: Heroes
- Mouse Chronicles: Seasons
- Bet and Win
So, lots of ideas, lots of prototypes… i need time to test and play and to mold the prototypes into games!